Jan 8, 2012

My Whooga boots review

About a month ago, I received my first UGG type boots from Whooga and think it's time to write a review about them.



For the people who have never heard about the brand, Whooga is a fast growing UGG  boots company from Australia. As you know, UGG is the most famous sheepskin boots brand on the earth, but nowadays their brand name is used to call all of the types of sheepskin boots. I heard that actually Whooga's boots are better quality than UGG's and decided to make a order in the end of Nov.

Shipping;
As boots from UGG Australia are made in China, Whooga's boots has a factory in China and all of the items are shipped directly from there. My boots were shipped only 2 days after I ordered and took about a week to arrive to Chicago. The shipping costed $14 and the carrier was DHL.

The product;
I ordered Black Classic Tall Boots because black is my main color and I needed warm & tall boots that protect my feet from the cold. When I received my order, I felt the box was smaller than I expected and thought if they sent me short ones by mistake. I opened the box and was glad to know that I've received correct ones. However, the top parts of the boots were folded to fit in the small box(of course I no longer see the sign of creases...) Probably they totally ran out of the biggest boxes for the tall boots and used the ones for the mini or short ones. The brown box was absolutely cute(also ribboned!) but little bit damaged :(see the picture below)


:(

Sizing;
Before ordering, I was in between sizes dilemma and not sure if I should have ordered size 7 or 8 because the website advises the customers to size up if they're in between sizes(my shoe size is 24.5 cm, UK 6 or US 8) However some of the reviewers said that their boots run a bit large. Well, I ended up ordering the size 8 because my Sorel snow boots I bought last year was slightly smaller than I expected and regretted not buying a half size bigger one. As a result, my boots were SLIGHTLY large(like less than a half size), but I had enough room to wear thick socks so I decided to keep mine. It passed about 2 weeks since I received my boots and now feel that I chose right ones :) If I had ordered the size 7, it would had been little bit tight for me. If you measured your feet before ordering and your boots didn't fit right? Don't worry, Whooga has generous free exchange policy.

Quality;
The inside is filled with super fluffy fleece and so comfy! 

See?


They keep my feet warm and toasty even in the extremely cold days(But I don't recommend you to wear them in the snowy day because technically UGGs are NOT snow boots. If you're looking for snow boots, I recommend Sorel or Columbia) I've never owned Uggs, but when I saw them at local mall, I tried them and realized that Whooga is more plushy and comfy. Usually real Uggs cost at least $180, but Whooga's classic tall boots cost only $120~140(+ shipping) Definitely they are reasonable for the quality and I highly recommend their products!

If you are from the US, you can order from HERE
If you're from UK, you can order from HERE


2 comments:

  1. You could get regular classic but every one has those, so I suggest something like theses
    http://www.snow-winter-boots.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    This above post is too good. This ugg boot is looking too pretty and is best to use in winter times...Thank you too much.......
    ugg boots melbourne

    ReplyDelete