Nov 2, 2011

Hi from Chicago :)

Few days ago, I flew to Chicago from Honolulu with 2 pieces of heavy luggage and my scaredy cat and after 14 hours flight, finally arrived to O'Hare airport. 14 hours... it's a miracle that my cat didn't pee or poop during the flight.

Honestly, this cross continent moving was the one of the greatest things I've ever done. Before moving, my husband left for mainland earlier to receive his car in Seattle. So I did a lot of things I needed to do for moving out by myself, like cleaning apartment complex completely(the former tenant obviously didn't clean her mess before moving out at all, but the landlord wanted me to do it. WTF?!), dumping trash, selling furniture on Craigslist(it was so frustrated because most of the potential buyers cancelled the appointment without phone calls. After phone calls and phone calls, I wasn't able to sell my dresser. So I gave it to my friend for free), working full time and packing and carrying boxes to post office by bike(because my husband had shipped his car already. I'm sure I went there at least 10 times)

Me and my husband gonna stay at his parents' house until we get new apartment, but sadly we can't live with my cat because my father in law is allergic to cats. So my husband's best friend gonna take care of my cat for a while. Gosh, I already miss him so much :(

But coming back home is always good.

No comments:

Post a Comment